Kale and Basil Quesadilla Recipe
This Kale and Basil Quesadilla is perfect for Vegetarian Lover . It’s fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party…!
- 10 Woolworths Select traditional white corn tortillas
- 20 g Woolworths Select creamy Tasmanian butter (chopped)
- 3 cups shredded kale leaves (see tip)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 spring onion shallot (thinly sliced)
- 2 x 150g bags Woolworths Select cherry bocconcini (drained)
- 300 g jar Woolworths Select chunky mild salsa in jar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Woolworths Select Spanish Classic olive oil (to brush)
- Lime wedges (to serve)
- Heat butter in a large frying pan. Add kale, garlic and spring onion. Cook stirring until kale is wilted. Season. Spread onto a baking paper-lined oven tray to cool.Place 5 tortillas on a board, brush with a little of the oil, then turn over. Spread tortillas with salsa, top with kale mixture, tear over bocconcini and scatter with some basil. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden. Keep warm while you cook the remaining quesadillas, cut each into wedges. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip1: To prepare and shred the kale, remove the stems. Wash and drain well. Layer 5 leaves at a time and roll up, then thinly slice. Tip2: You can replace the bocconcini for shredded tasty cheese Tip3: These quesadillas make a great party food cut into smaller wedges onto a platter