Christmas holidays are coming soon, and it’s time to have fun with family and friends. And this time I will be accompanied by Amaretto Snowballs .
The amazingly delicious Amaretto Snowball with only 4 ingredients! Simple, clean, gluten free, milk free, vegan, and easy to make.
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- 1 cup gluten free icing sugar + extra for coating
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1-2 tbsp amaretto liqueur (or all-natural amaretto extract for a non-alcoholic, child-friendly version)
- Soak the blanched almonds in water for 4 hours or more (overnight is great) in the refrigerator. Rinse and drain completely (even pat dry with a paper towel) and grind in a food processor until a very smooth paste forms. Add the icing sugar, almond extract and amaretto towards the end and continue processing to combine all the ingredients well. At this point the mixture may be too runny and it will be hard to shape into balls. Simply, place in the refrigerator or even freezer for a few minutes to let it harden and then proceed to shape the mixture into small balls. Roll in extra icing sugar for a snow-covered look.
- ps. please read through the comments for additional tips!
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 5 days and serve cold. These are best cold as they get too chewy when at room temperature
- Get Full Instructions http://pureella.com/amaretto-snowballs-glutenfree-vegan-quick-no-bake-dessert/