Never be without an impressive dessert with these easy and tasty bars. Even those who are skeptical of sweets will favor the tangy edge from the rhubarb in these treats. Create and bake a crust of flour, butter and confectioners’ sugar. Then top with a mixture of brown sugar, eggs, sugar, flour, salt and sliced fresh rhubarb.
A shortbread-like, very sweet yet tart-tasting dessert bar that is great alone or with vanilla ice cream.
Amazing Rhubarb Shortbread Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 1/4-inch slices rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1 cup flour, butter, and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl; pack the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the crust hardens slightly and is very fragrant, but not yet browned, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk brown sugar, eggs, white sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and salt together in a bowl until completely smooth; add rhubarb and stir to coat. Pour the rhubarb mixture over the crust.
- Bake in oven until the rhubarb mixture sets, about 40 minutes; cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
#healthy desserts under 100 calories#healthy desserts easy#healthy desserts no sugar#healthy desserts no bake#healthy desserts in a mug#healthy desserts cheesecake