This is a very old Southern recipe. It’s a very sweet, rich pie which cannot be described as anything but marvelous. This is not my personal recipe but was passed to me by my grandmother and from her grandmother and so on and so forth.
Amazing Summer Chess Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together. Mix in the eggs, then stir in the cornmeal, evaporated milk and vinegar until smooth.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 40 minutes. Let cool. Cut and top servings with whipped cream. You will think you have died and gone to heaven.
#pie recipes easy#pie recipes savory#pie recipes videos#pie recipes easy 3 ingredients#apple pie recipes#chocolate pie recipes