Andes Mint Cupcakes
This Andes Mint Cupcakes is perfect for cake lover. It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
Calories: 274 kcal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
For the frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter soft
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- chocolate mint candies optional
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 20 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together the oil, butter, and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the milk, begin and end with the flour mixture. Beat until well blended.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the paper lined muffin pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few dry crumbs. Remove cupcakes immediately from pans, and cool completely on a wire rack.
Make the frosting
In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, cream, and peppermint extract. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the food coloring. Beat until blended. Top the cupcake with the frosting. Decorate with chocolate mint candies if desired.