- 3 cups cooked shredded beef
- 1 1/4 cups mild green salsa verde
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the cooked beef, salsa verde, and refried beans. Stir together.
- Spread 1/2 cup filling down the center of the tortilla. Fold each tortilla into a rectangular packet around the filling and place folded side down in a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Spray each tortilla generously with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Then turn over and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
If you don’t have cooked shredded beef, this is an idea for cooking your roast. For the shredded beef you can cook a 2 pound roast in your slow cooker. Place roast in slow cooker and add 1/2 cup water. Sprinkle a 1 ounce packet of onion soup mix over the roast. Then add 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. You could also add in sliced onions and baby carrots if you would like some veggies to eat with your Chimichangas after the roast is done cooking. Low and slow is best. Low setting for about 5 hours. Check at 4 hours in case it doesn’t take that long to cook.