- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/four teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- four kilos chicken wings and drummettes or bird drumsticks, trimmed
- 1 half cups barbecue sauce, divided
- Vegetable oil spray
- Mix sugar, paprika, mustard, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper together. Place components in big plastic zip-lock bag. Dump chicken wings or drumsticks into bag and shake until all hen is lined; transfer to slow cooker. Pour half cup of the fish fry sauce over fowl and stir to coat. Cover and prepare dinner till fowl is tender, 3-4 hours on low for wings, four-6 hours on low for drumsticks.
- Position oven rack 10 inches from broiler element and warmth on excessive. Place a cord cooling rack on an aluminum foil-coated rimmed baking sheet and coat the wire rack with vegetable oil spray. Transfer fowl to organized baking sheet; discard braising liquid that remains in sluggish cooker.
- Brush chicken with half of cup more barbecue sauce and broil till gently charred and crisp (in your liking), approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Flip chicken over, brush with final half of cup fish fry sauce, and continue to broil till gently charred and crisp on 2nd facet, five to 10 mins longer. Serve.
- Note about drumsticks… I’ve made these with wings and drumsticks and the wings do flip out a great deal greater juicy and have extra taste. Drumsticks are excellent, however we all decide on the wings.