BROCCOLI SALAD INGREDIENTS:
1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
1 cup shelled cooked edamame
1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
1/2 cup peanuts
1 batch peanut sauce (recipe below)
sesame seeds, for garnish
PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce (if you are gluten-free, use GF soy sauce or tamari)
1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
1/8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1-2 tablespoons hot water, as needed to thin the sauce
TO MAKE THE BROCCOLI SALAD:
- Heat a large pot of water until it is boiling.
- Add in the broccoli florets and boil for 30 seconds.
- Use a mesh strainer to transfer them into a bowl of ice water, which will immediately halt the cooking process. Drain.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
TO MAKE THE PEANUT SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in hot water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire.