For the Muffins
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/four teaspoon baking soda
- 3/four teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/three cup clean blueberries
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 2/three cups all-motive flour
- 1 half teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/three cup brown sugar
- 1/four cup unsalted butter, softened
For the Glaze
- three tablespoons unsalted butter; melted
- half of teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; sifted
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a trendy muffin tin, or line with 12 paper muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest and sugars. Use your fingertips to incorporate the zest into the sugars till it’s miles wet and fragrant.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment or in a huge mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir the flour combination into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and ensuring the whole thing is very well mixed. Fold inside the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter lightly into the organized pan, filling the cups nearly complete.
- Bake the desserts for 15 to 17 minutes, or till they’re a light golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center cakes comes out smooth.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the glaze through blending together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and water. Whisk until smooth.
- When muffins have cooled barely, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and permit the glaze to harden. At this factor, you can go away them as is or go for the double dip. I glazed my cakes two times.
- Serve heat, or cool on a rack and wrap hermetic. Muffins will maintain at room temperature for about a day.
If you choose a bit more extreme kick of lemon, experience free to substitute more lemon juice for the water within the recipe for the glaze.