1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
½ cup granulated sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
the zest of one lemon, divided
2 cups all-motive flour
8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1-five.Three ounce field lemon flavored Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
pinch of salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
three cups blueberries (fresh or frozen– if the usage of frozen, do now not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8″ x 8″ or nine″ x nine″ baking pan with foil. Leave an overhang on the edges. Set aside.
- Stir the melted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and half of the lemon zest collectively in a medium bowl. Add the flour and stir until mixed.
- Reserve ¾ cup of the shortbread crust and region within the fridge or freezer till needed.
- Press remaining crust evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 18 minutes whilst you put together the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a medium sized bowl with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese on high until clean. Beat in eggs, scraping down the perimeters as important. Add sugar, lemon flavored Greek yogurt, last lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and beat once more. Add flour and beat one extra time till just blended. Gently fold in blueberries with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour filling into organized crust and upload a few blueberries on pinnacle of filling. Remove reserved crust from fridge and fall apart over pinnacle of the filling (you may want to split into crumbs with a knife or fork). Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired. Bake bars for fifty five-60 minutes minutes, or till toothpick positioned in middle of pan comes out primarily clean. Allow pan to chill at room temperature on a twine rack. When completely cool, chill within the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When bars are completely chilled, elevate out of the pan the usage of foil overhang and cut into squares. Top with lemon zest earlier than serving. Bars can be saved covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Shortbread crust from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Source : https://freshaprilflours.com/2014/07/06/blueberry-lemon-pie-bars/