Christmas holidays are coming soon, and it’s time to have fun with family and friends.
Soft, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth Homemade Christmas Caramels are the perfect holiday gift! Package them up and enjoy all season long.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter cut into chunks
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare a 9×9 inch or 11×7 inch baking pan by buttering generously or if you have parchment paper just spray lightly with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, corn syrup, butter, and 1 cup cream in a 4 quart pot and bring slowly to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon or heat resistant spatula.
- Once it comes to a boil, heat the remaining cup of cream in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot (make sure it’s in a big enough bowl so it doesn’t boil over in the microwave). Gradually add the cream in a slow stream to the pot while constantly stirring. You need to add it slow enough that the caramel never stops boiling (if it stops your caramel will become sugary/crystallized).
- Get full Instruction https://www.garnishandglaze.com/homemade-christmas-caramels//