Making barberque for vegetarians is easy. Just prepare the right vegetables such as portobello mushrooms, corn, onions, broccoli. The vegetables are also delicious if you go through the roasting process.
when I have chosen to become a vegetarian, especially still a beginner, it is not easy. Lots of temptations because vegetables are not as strong as meat in stimulating appetite. Beginner vegetarians must be as creative as possible to process vegetable ingredients to be attractive and to distract them as much as possible from the strong desire to eat meat again. Can collect with barberque.
now barberque can’t only be enjoyed by meat eaters? Vegetarians can also enjoy this delicious dish.
The method is of course by replacing the main raw materials such as meat with various types of delicious vegetables
below, I give examples of BBQ recipes and some pictures, hopefully you are inspired.
Best Ever Recipes for Vegetarian BBQ
- For the patties:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 g avocado
- 60 g water
- 5 g Marmite
- 2 g cumin seeds toasted and ground
- 50 g oats
- 100 g canned mixed beans rinsed and lightly crushed
- 20 g pickled beetroot diced
- 7 g butter
- For the burger:
- 15 g shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 burger buns
- Tomato Ketchup
- 2 vegetarian cheese slices
- 60 g tomato sliced
- 10 g rocket leaves
- 20 g Waitrose Pickled Gherkins sliced lengthwise, to serve
- Wrap the garlic in aluminium foil, cook in an oven preheated to 170ºC, gas mark 3 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool down and peel the skin off.
- Cut the avocado into medium-sized slices and place in a pan over medium heat. This will prevent the avocado from oxidizing. Dice into medium-sized pieces.
- Place the water in a pan over medium heat and allow to come to a boil. Add the garlic, the Marmite, ground cumin and the oats. Turn the heat to low and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Add the beans and mix until a coarse paste is formed.
- Fold in the diced beetroot and avocado. Divide the mix into 2 equal portions and flatten them until patties are formed.
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the mushroom until soft. Brush the patties with a little oil and place on a hot grill and allow to form a crust on both sides (about 2-3 minutes). Slice the bread in half and place on the barbecue, cut side down.
- Add a dollop of mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup to the bottom half of the burger bun. In the meantime, place the cheese on top of the patty and place on the barbecue, lid on, in order to melt. Place the patty on top of the sauces and finish with tomato, mushrooms and rocket and gherkins.