Skip to content
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp vanilla honey or (2 T honey + 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 6 pastured eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk (canned or selfmade)
- four medium apples
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- De-middle and slice apples thin. *keep a handful of slices to area on the pinnacle, like I did.
- Sauté the sliced apples in the ghee or coconut oil till semi-soft, in a forged iron skillet. (I used a 9” skillet)
- Add the cinnamon, lemon juice, sea salt, vanilla honey into the apples and integrate till all the apples are covered.
- In a separate bowl, wisk collectively the eggs. Add in coconut milk and coconut flour to create a batter.
- Pour the batter proper on top of the cooked apples inside the cast iron skillet.
- *Place the saved sliced apples on top.
- Wear oven mitts for this step! Grab the new pan and transfer it into the oven for 40 minutes.
- When performed, the top ought to be golden brown and the pancake ought to puff. (Enjoy the “puff even as it lasts” as it will flatten, as soon as it is out of the oven.)
- Enjoy your GAPS friendly breakfast!