The filling is dreamy! Butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate. The combination of the chocolatey taste of the filling and the fluffy texture of the dough is to die for.
Best Homemade Chocolate Roll
This Best Homemade Chocolate Roll is perfect for Chocolate Lovers . It’s fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party…!
- 1cup milk lukewarm (240ml)
- 1/4cup granulated white sugar 50g
- 1tbsp active dry yeast 9g
- 2large eggs room temperature
- 1/4cup butter melted (56g)
- 1tsp salt
- 3+3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour 450-480g
- 1/2cup brown sugar 100g
- 2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 6tbsp butter softened (85g)
- 1cup semi-sweet chocolate chopped or chips (175g)
- 1/8cup butter room temperature (28g)
- 1/4cup cream cheese room temperature (56g)
- 1cup powdered sugar 120g
- 1/4cup unsweetened cocoa powder 21g
- 1-2tbsp milk
Make the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine milk, sugar, and yeast and stir to combine. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until it starts to get foamy on the surface.
- Add eggs, butter, and salt and whisk to combine. Replace whisk attachment and attach a dough hook. Add 3+3/4 cups flour and stir on medium-low speed until the dough comes together. The dough should be a bit sticky to touch but shouldn’t stick to the bowl anymore. If it does stick to the sides of the bowl after a few minutes of kneading, add 1 tbsp of flour at the time (up to 4 cups in total) and mix on low speed until you reach this point but don’t add too much flour or your Chocolate Rolls are dry. How much flour you need depends on the humidity and temperature where you live. But make sure that you stay at around 4 cups at highest. (Watch the video to see the required consistency.) Then turn on medium speed and knead for about 5 minutes. Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl (brush a few drops of oil in a bowl or use a non-stick spray) and lightly grease the top of the dough. Cover loosely with a dry towel and let rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
Make the filling
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°F (100°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Get Full Instructions www.alsothecrumbsplease.com