these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a great addition to that collection. They’re easy to make, so moist, and just bursting with tons of bright lemon flavor, with a little bit of added crunch from the poppy seeds. A great way to treat yourself in the morning!
Muffins fall into the quick bread category of baking, so they’re as simple as mixing up some dry ingredients in one bowl, some liquids in another, combining the two, and baking!
These muffins are fantastic as-is, but they’re even better drizzled with a tangy, citrus-y lemon glaze.
It’s really easy to make! Just stir powdered sugar and lemon juice together until you get a nice, drippy consistency. Then squiggle it over the muffins and allow it to set for about 20 minutes.
Best Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lemon flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, 3/4 cup white sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil and lemon zest. Blend well and pour over the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Do no overmix!
- Spoon batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice with the remaining 3 tablespoons white sugar. Stir into sugar dissolves.
- Once the muffins are baked pierce the tops several times with a toothpick. Slowly pour about 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and sugar mixture over the tops of each muffin. Let muffins cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing them from the tin.
#muffins recipes#muffin recipes blueberry#muffin recipes healthy#muffin recipes easy#muffin recipes chocolate chip#blueberry muffins