- half cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- half of cup butter
- half of cup firmly packed brown sugar
- half of Cup cocoa
- half cup nuts (optionally available)
How to make it
- Mix milk, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in heavy pan. Cook at medium warmth until boiling. Boil precisely 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and upload vanilla extract,cocoa and confectioners’ sugar. Beat with mixer till smooth and thick. Add nuts, if preferred. Pour into a buttered pan and freeze 20 mins. Cut into portions.
- Makes approximately 1 pound of fudge.
- Peanut Butter Mackinac Island Fudge
- Reduce butter to at least one/four cup and add 1/2 cup peanut butter
Great Hint: If you need to make “true” Michigan fudge, while the
fudge has cooled incredibly,( locate that marble cheese server your sister in regulation gave you years again and in no way used) and spoon the aggregate on it and make a log! Then relax of route…..Wink