- 4 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup corn (I use frozen, thawed)
- 2 green onions
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Optional additions: chipotle, tomatoes, cilantro, green chiles, garlic powder, hemp hearts (I use this brand)
- Toppings of choice: guacamole (yum!), salsa, hot sauce, etc.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions with 1 1/2 cups water/broth. (I often use vegetable broth in place of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, halve bell peppers and remove stems, seeds and ribs.
- Rinse and drain black beans, thaw corn, and slice green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients except bell peppers. Stir to combine, and adjust taste if necessary (salt, more seasonings, nutritional yeast).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a lightly sprayed 9×13″ baking dish, place pepper halves, and generously stuff them with the quinoa filling. Lightly press down to compact and fill all the crevices.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 10 minutes more.
- Serve with any desired toppings.
Source : https://www.thegardengrazer.com/2015/10/mexican-quinoa-stuffed-peppers.html
Tip: to make them a bit “juicier” just add a can of diced tomatoes – I love this addition!