- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 medium avocados
- 3 oz. baby spinach, more as desired
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions (or finely diced red onion)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use 2)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach. Place in a large bowl.
- Mince garlic, and add to spinach.
- Slice the green onions, halve the cherry tomatoes, and dice the avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add it to the large bowl with spinach and toss. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach and mellow the garlic.)
- Add the green onions, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend more.
*To cook quinoa, I use a ratio of about 1 cup quinoa to 1 1/2 cups water for fluffier quinoa.
Source ; https://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/04/quinoa-avocado-spinach-power-salad.html