1 small onion, chopped
1 cup lengthy grain brown rice (not brief-cooking or immediately), rinsed and tired
1 pound boneless, skinless chook breasts
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1¾ cups (one 14.Five ounce can) low sodium chook broth
1 cup water (or miss the water and use a complete of 2¾ cups fowl broth)
1 pound broccoli, cut into small pieces (4-5 cups)
½ cup simple Greek yogurt
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Combine onion and rice in bottom of 5 quart gradual cooker. Spread out in a fair layer. Place fowl on top of rice/onion mixture. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour in fowl broth and water. Be positive that every one of the rice is blanketed by way of the liquid.
- Cover and cook dinner on low warmth for 6-7 hours, or on high heat for 3½ hours, till the rice is smooth and almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer fowl to a slicing board and chop into bite-length pieces (or shred it inside the gradual cooker). Stir chicken back into the rice combination inside the gradual cooker.
- Steam the broccoli within the microwave: Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and upload enough water to fill the bowl 1-2 inches deep. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high three-6 minutes, until crisp-gentle. Drain.
- While the broccoli steams, stir the Greek yogurt, Parmesan and cheddar into the sluggish cooker. Then, stir inside the cooked broccoli. Serve.
- Some readers have commented that the rice in this dish is mushy. As it is cooked in the sluggish cooker, the rice is a lot softer than rice cooked at the stovetop or in a rice cooker. My circle of relatives loves this casserole and we make it all the time. We love the flavor and how clean this recipe is. If you are involved about delicate rice, this may now not be the recipe for you.
- Some gradual cooker recipes are without difficulty tailored, this one isn’t. I advocate making the recipe precisely as written, with the expertise that all slow cookers prepare dinner in a different way. Your casserole may additionally take slightly longer or shorter to cook, depending in your sluggish cooker. You’ll know it’s achieved when the rice has absorbed nearly all of the liquid.
- I do not suggest the usage of white rice in this recipe.
- I do not suggest doubling this recipe, until you permit for a much longer prepare dinner time.
- Source : https://kristineskitchenblog.com/slow-cooker-chicken-broccoli-and-rice-casserole/