- 6 boneless skinless chook breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 half of cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- half of cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high warmth. Season the fowl breasts on each facets with salt and pepper.
- Place the chook in the pan and cook for four-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place the fowl breasts, garlic, wine, bird broth and mushrooms in the gradual cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Remove the hen from the slow cooker. Whisk together the cornstarch with 1/three cup bloodless water. Pour the cornstarch into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the hen returned to the gradual cooker, flip the heat to HIGH and cook for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season the sauce with salt and pepper to flavor. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- If you’re without a doubt pressed for time, you may skip browning the hen breasts, however I exceptionally recommend taking the time to brown them!
- You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs rather than fowl breasts in case you decide on.
- Adapted from Creme de l. A. Crumb
- Stove pinnacle instructions: Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium excessive heat. Season the hen with salt and pepper on each sides. Add the fowl to the pan and cook dinner for five-6 mins on every aspect or until cooked thru. Remove the bird from the pan and cowl with foil to hold heat. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook dinner for four-five minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add the marsala wine and hen broth to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch it truly is been mixed with 2 tablespoons bloodless water. Simmer until simply thickened. Stir within the cream and simmer for 2 more mins. Add the chook back to the pan and spoon the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Source : https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/slow-cooker-chicken-marsala/