- 1 five-7 lb fowl
- 16 oz.Bundle carrots, peeling is non-obligatory if they are “young” carrots
- three medium parsnips, peeled and reduce into thick strips
- 2 ribs celery reduce in chunks
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 5-6 medium potatoes, cut in 1/2 (again, peeling non-compulsory)
- ½ tbs paprika
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- Mix rub elements in a small bowl. Set apart.
- Place carrots and parsnips within the bottom of a five-7 quart sluggish cooker.
- Rub chicken throughout with prepared rub; vicinity on pinnacle of the carrots and parsnips.
- Distribute closing greens across the facets of the bird.
- Cover and cook dinner on low 6-8 hours, high 3-5 hours. TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE. ALWAYS CHECK AT MINIMUM TIME FOR DONENESS.
- I strongly recommend the use of a 6 or 7 quart sluggish cooker. If you only have a 5 quart, use a smaller (3-4 lb) chicken.
- Source : https://bakeatmidnite.com/slow-cooker-country-chicken/?