This Asian Crispy Sesame Chicken is a delicious homemade alternative to that naughty takeaway!
This crispy sesame chicken is another one for the honey archives. Sweet, salty, crispy, sticky and a little bit spicy – it covers all the bases for one of these meals that everyone polishes off. Not a scrap left.
Crispy Sesame Chicken with a Sticky Asian Sauce – tastier than that naughty takeaway and super simple to make. Sweet, salty, crispy, sticky and a little bit spicy – it covers all the bases for one of these meals that everyone polishes off. Its a real family favourite!
Best Summer Sesame Chicken
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 5 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1/4 cup sesame seeds, black pepper, five-spice powder, and red pepper flakes. Place a few pieces of chicken at a time into the bag, and shake to coat. Remove to a platter.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Place chicken into skillet, and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken, and set aside. Stir onion wedges and bell pepper slices into skillet; cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Remove, and set aside.
- Return chicken to skillet, and reduce heat to low. Mix in teriyaki marinade, 1/4 cup sesame seeds, and honey; stir until sauce thickens. Return onion and bell pepper to the skillet. Warm through, and serve.
#chicken recipes healthy#chicken recipes easy#chicken recipes for dinner#chicken recipes casserole#keto chicken recipes