4 cups (400 g) almond flour
3 tbsp poppy seeds
half of tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
half tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (a hundred and twenty ml) rapeseed oil or ghee
1/2 cup (one hundred twenty ml) honey or maple syrup
2 small organic lemons
three large eggs (update with chia seeds* in case you are vegan)
2 cups (300 g) blueberries (shop half of for topping)
1 cup/240 ml (250 g) Turkish yogurt, drained (use vegan cream cheese in case you are vegan)
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Combine almond flour, poppy seeds, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a big bowl and set aside. Heat oil and honey in a sauce pan on very low heat until mixed. Grate the zest from the two lemons and upload it to the honey/oil batter. Divide them in half of and squeeze the juice from three of the halves into the mixture, saving one half for the glazing.
- Add the batter to the bowl with the dry components. Beat the eggs after which fold them into the batter collectively with 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Stir lightly around with a wood spoon till blended. Grease a eight-inch spring shape cake tin, and upload the batter to it.
- Bake for approximately forty-50 minutes (depending on size of the pan and oven), or until golden on the outdoor and baked all manner via (you may cowl the cake with tin foil over the past 15 minutes of the baking time, if it begins searching burned) .
- Remove from oven and let cool for at the least half-hour before disposing of the edges. Meanwhile, begin making the glazing. Drain yogurt in a milk cloth or coffee clear out for approximately 10 minutes.
- This is to make the yogurt much less runny. Discard the water and combine the thick yogurt with honey vanilla extract and the juice from the final lemon half of. Leave to chill in the fridge. When the cake has cooled absolutely, cowl it with glazing, top with the ultimate blueberries and serve.
- You may also simply serve the cake with blueberries and yogurt on the facet.
* You can update three eggs with three tbsp chia seeds and 9 tbsp water that you combine and allow sit for 15 mins.
Source : http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/blueberry-lemon-almond-cake/