This is the chili recipe the gang eats at Purdue Boilermaker football games. I always prep and cook the chili the night before and then reheat the next day. This is a combination of many different tomato-based chili recipes. Good luck and enjoy.
Boilermarker Tailgate Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 15 ounce cans chili beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can chili beans in spicy sauce
- 2 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 green chile peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce e.g. Tabasco™
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 10.5 ounce bag corn chips such as Fritos®
- 1 8 ounce package shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.
#beef recipes#beef recipes for dinner#beef recipes easy#beef recipes crockpot#beef recipes for dinner main dishes