Coconut is really my jam, so I will forget this one! I just want to make coconut icing and eat it with a spoon!
Coconut Chocolate Cake which is not only a stopper, but also tastes good. Made from an initial chocolate cake coated with coconut cream pastry and covered with coconut butter frosting is truly extraordinary.
Thick chunks of chocolate are mashed on top of the cake and flow on the side adding character and more chocolate flavor.
This recipe may not be complicated, but believe me, it’s actually very simple!
This cake is covered in the frosting of my popular coconut buttercream. This is a smooth texture that glides on the tongue.
I made this chocolate cake for a party. it is the delicious coconut chocolate cake I have ever had and ever made. That was a BIG hit. And the next day – it’s still amazing! I did use different cream cheese frosting because I didn’t want to shorten my frosting. But this will be my cake recipe. I can’t wait to try more of your recipes.
This cake is no more complicated than an ordinary cake. Materials and instructions may look intimidating but are actually not too difficult to prepare.
Chocolate Coconut Cake is very successful! Chocolate cake is my favorite chocolate cake – moist for days and very brown. And the baked coconut and coconut icing is full of flavors and compliments the cake perfectly.
Oh goodness! The baked coconut above is just gorgeous! I really like coconut and I think I need a companion when making frosting into other wise maybe there isn’t enough leftovers to cover the cake.
below I give a recipe and some pictures.
Cake Chocolate Coconut
- 1 (18.25 ouncpackage dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 14 ounces flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix and bake cake mix as directed for two 8 or 9 inch layers. Let layers cool then split each one in half horizontally to make a total of 4 layers.
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix together the white sugar, butter or margarine, and 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the marshmallows and mix until smooth. Stir in the coconut. Spread the filling between the cake layers.
- Mix together the cocoa, remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk, the confectioner’s sugar, and the vanilla. Beat until smooth and spread over top and sides of cake.