Caramel Poke Cake you will love this cake! Perfect combination of caramel and chocolate! Caramel Poke Cake the best cake I’ve ever made! So delicious and moist!
- 1¾ cups flour, all-purpose
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Caramel sauce (12.25 oz jar)
- Small can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, add coffee and mix to combine (the batter will look runny). Pour it in the baking dish and smooth the top. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. If the cake rise too much in the center and crack, you can press it gently with your palms, when it’s slightly cooled, just to smooth the top.
- Remove the cake from oven and cool
- In a separate bowl, mix the caramel sauce with the condensed milk
- Poke holes all over the entire cake using the end of a wooden spoon
- Pour caramel sauce over the cake allowing it to seep into the holes and use a spatula to spread it all over
- Refrigerate minimum 4 hours
- Top with chocolate sauce