1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
8 ounces dark bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup white chocolate
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 bottles Guinness Extra Stout beer
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick or regular foil, lightly greased.
- Pour both bottles of beer into a medium sauce pan and simmer down until it’s reduced to 1 1/4 cups. Leave beer on the side to cool down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa and salt until combined. Put to the side.
- Use a double boiler to melt butter, the chocolate and white chips over very low heat. If you do not have a double boiler, place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiling water. Place chocolate and butter in bowl and stir until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and put to the side.In a separate, large mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy (approximately 3 minutes). Add melted chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
- Beat the flour mixture into the melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in the reduced beer and vanilla. The batter will seem thin, which is fine.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared 9×13 pan and place in oven on center rack for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Let brownies cool completely, uncovered. Sprinkle powdered sugar on brownies if desired.oila! Guinness Extra Stout Beer Brownies…chocolatey goodness. They are not overly sweet, and the texture is very dense, which I love. I would really like them if I couldn’t detect the taste of beer (which, I realize, is the actual point of this recipe!). Even still, I would recommend them. I baked these as a trial run for the upcoming fundraiser I’m contributing treats to. My two beer-appreciating taste testers said these are an unqualified success and will be a big hit. I think they will be, too. Cheers!
What You Need
- 4 oz. Baker’s Premium 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 pkg. (269 g each) Kraft Caramels (51 caramels)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups pecan halves, divided
Tap or click steps to mark as complete
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Spray with cooking spray. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar and eggs; mix well. Stir in flour until well blended. Spread half the batter into prepared pan.
Bake 20 min. or until top is firm to the touch. Meanwhile, microwave caramels and cream in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until caramels begin to melt; stir until caramels are completely melted. Stir in 1 cup nuts.
Spread caramel mixture over brownie layer in pan; cover with remaining brownie batter. (Some caramel mixture may peek through.) Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 25 min. or until top is firm to the touch. Cool in pan on wire rack. Use foil handles to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve.