Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This Chicken Lettuce Wraps is perfect for chicken lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 2 T. sesame oil divided
- 1 c. mushrooms chopped
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 basil leaves finely chopped
- 2 T. hoisin sauce also available in gluten-free
- 2 T. teriyaki sauce also available in gluten-free
- 1 T. soy sauce also available in gluten-free
- 1 t. rice wine vinegar
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. cornstarch tapioca starch or arrowroot can work for a true gluten-free
- 1 T. Sriracha sauce or chili garlic sauce to taste, optional
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce separated into leaves
- 2 small green onions sliced
In a medium wok or skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Add the mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened (about 5 minutes); transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 1 more tablespoon of sesame oil to the skillet and bring the heat back up. Add the chicken and cook until done, about 4-5 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Drain fat, if needed. Add the minced garlic, stir for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms back into the skillet and sprinkle in the basil leaves; stir to combine.
Meanwhile, in a small mason jar or mixing bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, cornstarch, and sriracha; shake or whisk to combine.
Pour sauce over the chicken mixture and stir to coat evenly; cook until heated through and slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
Spoon into the leaves of butter lettuce (or scoop over bowls of rice). Top with sliced green onions.