Skip to content
- 1/3 cup unsalted raw cashews
- Boiling water
- 12 oz dried whole grain or brown rice fettuccine
- 1 cup chopped sparkling asparagus
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach or arugula
- half cup frozen peas, barely thawed
- 1 1/four cups water
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- half teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped sparkling basil and/or parsley (elective)
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (non-compulsory)
- In a small bowl combine cashews and enough boiling water to cowl. Let stand, blanketed, 20 minutes; drain. Rinse and drain again. Meanwhile, cook pasta in keeping with package directions, adding asparagus the closing 3 mins and spinach and peas the last 1 minute; drain.
- In a small saucepan whisk together 1 1/4 cups water and flour until easy (combination may be a bit foamy). Cook and stir over medium warmness just till bubbly.
- For sauce, in a blender integrate soaked cashews, flour aggregate, and subsequent 5 elements (thru pepper). Cover and pulse several instances, then mixture five mins or till smooth. If favored, stir in basil and/or parsley.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a serving dish. Drizzle with sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional black pepper and, if favored, cheese.