These Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies are perfect for the holidays. Crispy on the outside and soft and fudge-y in the middle. Made in under 30 minutes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp peppermint candies, crushed (optional)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or stand up mixer stir together cocoa powder, sugar, applesauce, oil, extracts, and peppermint candies (if using) until well blended. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the granulated and powdered sugars in two separate bowls.
- get full instructions https://www.mydarlingvegan.com/chocolate-peppermint-crinkle-cookies/