This recipe is rich, delicious and perfectly moist! It will be one you want to make over and over again!
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼-1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, sugar and vanilla for five minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder and add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips to batter.
- Pour into 3 grease and floured loaf pans (8 x 4 x 2.5 inch).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean it is done.
DIRECTIONS FOR FROSTING
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in medium mixing bowl. Add butter and milk and mix well. Spread over pound cake.