Blooming Onion – Crispy, fried onion that resembles a flower pedal at the Outback Steakhouse! This is an opening for an easy and impressive display that is very good to share. All you need are a few simple ingredients. Follow this video recipe on how to slice and fry the onions that are in bloom. | Quick and easy recipes, vegetarian. as an appetizer for a Christmas party.
- 1 large white onion
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Chipotle, Thousand Island or other dipping sauce optional
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, spices, salt and pepper. Reserve.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until combined. Set aside.
- Cut off ½-inch from the pointy end of the onion while leaving the other end of root intact. Then remove the papery skin.
- Place the onion cut-side down on a cutting board. Starting ¾-inch from the root, cut vertically downward all the way to the board using a sharp knife.
- Get full instructions https://tipbuzz.com/blooming-onion/