Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp , uncooked, peeled and deveined
- four garlic cloves , minced
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon pink pepper flakes
Cilantro Lime and Black Bean Rice
- 2 cups fowl broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Jasmine rice uncooked or use any rice that says at the bundle that it takes 15 mins to prepare dinner it
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed + extra
- 15 oz.Black beans from the can, rinsed, tired
- half of cup clean cilantro chopped + greater
Cooking Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Heat huge skillet till hot on medium heat. Add olive oil – it should run effortlessly but not sizzle or burn. Add shrimp and minced garlic to the skillet, making sure it doesn’t crowd, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of red pepper flakes over shrimp. Cook shrimp, stirring a few times, on medium heat, approximately 3-4 mins overall, until purple in colour.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet to a plate.
Making Cilantro Lime and Black Bean Rice
- To the identical (now empty) skillet, add fowl broth, raw rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil. Mix the entirety nicely. Reduce the heat to low boil simmer. Cover the skillet with the lid. Simmer for 15-20 mins, protected, until the rice is cooked through. You would possibly want to add half of cup of water if your rice is not completely cooked through.
- Mix within the lime juice, rinsed and tired black beans (from the can), and clean cilantro into the cooked rice.
- Add more lime juice (about 1 tablespoon) and extra chopped fresh cilantro to the plate with shrimp, mix to coat shrimp with lime juice and cilantro. Add the shrimp to the skillet with rice and lightly reheat.