This Classic Macaroni Salad is perfect for salad lover. It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 8 oz . dry elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free or low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 steamed or hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
Cook macaroni in salted water according to directions on package (I added about 1/2 tbsp salt to the water).
Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool. Let drain very well.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard, honey, and season with salt and pepper to taste (start with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper then add more salt after you've added the dressing to the pasta).
Add well drained macaroni to a large mixing bowl along with eggs, bell pepper, carrots, celery and onion (if you like to have some color over you salad I like set aside some of the veggies to sprinkle over the top).
Pour dressing over top, add in parsley and toss mixture to evenly coat. Serve or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
Classic Macaroni Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 47mg 16%
Sodium 146mg 6%
Potassium 193mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 26g 9%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin A 68.3%
Vitamin C 31.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.