This CREAMY CHICKEN BAKE is perfect for chicken lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts I use 4 large breasts
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup 10 3/4 ounces, condensed *Or make Homemade Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup, using equivalent amount
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup 10 3/4 ounces, condensed *Or make Homemade Condesned Cream of Chicken Soup, equivalent amount
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz can Mushrooms drained stems and pieces – or use fresh *optional
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chives chopped
- Few dashes of Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (non-stick cooking spray) a 9×13 baking dish or similar size.
Place chicken breast in baking dish in a single layer – lightly salt and pepper.
In a medium size bowl mix soups, sour cream, onion powder, mushrooms, chives and water. Next, evenly pour over top of chicken and lightly sprinkle with paprika.
Bake on middle rack, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour, until chicken breast is cooked thoroughly and internal temperature reaches 170 degrees f. Cooking time will vary depending on size of breasts. *The best way to make sure the chicken is ready is checking the internal temperature.
When ready, serve with your favorite veggie, like broccoli or green beans and a side of rice or noodles. Be sure to top your rice or noodles with the creamy sauce! Enjoy!
Add additional chives on top after baking.
Leftover cooked turkey/chicken and rotisserie chicken works great with this recipe. Just reduce the cooking time – it’s ready once the casserole is hot and heated through. Serve with a side of veggies and rice.
Some readers have left comments below, stating they adapted this recipe by adding Lipton onion soup mix – I have never used onion soup mix with this dish. I love this recipe the original way, as is.Adding the onion soup mix got mixed reviews.