- 3/four Cup Grated Organic Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Organic Half and Half
- 2-3 Tbsp. Chopped Organic Parsley or Basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- half – 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups Organic Orzo
- 2 Cups Organic Chicken or Vegetable inventory, or water
- four Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1/four Cup Organic Onion, diced very small
- three Organic Garlic Cloves, pressed or minced
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
TO MAKE THE ORZO:
- Begin via heating approximately 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, allow it warm up for about a minute.
- Add the orzo and gently stir it across the pan so it toasts, this could provide the orzo a nutty taste. When the orzo starts to turn golden in shade, upload the broth or water beginning with just 1/2 cup. Let the orzo take in the liquid totally, then upload the rest.
- Give it a stir, convey to a quick boil and flip the heat right down to a simmer. Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Add the butter to a massive saucepan over medium warmness. Once it’s melted add the chopped onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Let that simmer for approximately 2-3 mins until it softens.
- Add the half and 1/2, cheese and parsley (or basil). Season again with salt and pepper. Taste and modify.
- Add the creamy garlic sauce to the cooked orzo and stir. Serve warm.