Creamy Parmesan Carbonara Chicken is one of those recipes I came up with years ago when following low carb diets and this recipe includes BOTH low carb AND low fat options! However, I’ve included full fat + carb options also!
This Low Carb Creamy Parmesan Carbonara Chicken is perfect for chicken lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 filets
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour all purpose or plain
- 3 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or sub with oil
- 8- ounces | 250 grams bacon trimmed of fat and cut into strips (I use shortcut bacon in Australia)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups half and half or use reduced fat cream or evaporated milk*
- 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch cornflour mixed with 2 teaspoons of water
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Dredge seasoned chicken in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
Heat the oil and butter in a large non stick pan or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
Add the bacon strips to the pan and fry until crispy. Drain off some excess fat, keeping about 1 teaspoons worth in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until onion is transparent (about 1 minute).
get full instructions please visit the source cafedelites.com