Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Chicken (No Cream)
This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Chicken (No Cream) is perfect for chicken lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
For The Chicken:
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 2 tablespoons Tapioca flour or all purpose or plain flour/s
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese do not include for dairy free option
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 200 g | 7oz jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil drained (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil for cooking)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms 250 g | 8 oz
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk reduced fat or full fat milk*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons of milk**
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese do not include for dairy free option
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs optional for added flavour
- 2 tablespoons fresh shredded basil to serve
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 5-6 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet; sauté the garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms; fry until the mushrooms are just soft.
Reduce heat to low heat, add the milk (or cream if using) and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste and add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan. Continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens. (Only use cornstarch if using milk for your sauce.)
Add in the parmesan cheese; allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. Add the chicken back into the pan; sprinkle with the fresh basil and a little extra pepper (optional), and serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.