It’s really kind of funny how I came across this recipe. I put into pinterest, WHAT can I make with chicken, rice, beans and tomatoes with LOTS of cheese via the slow cooker…and THIS is what I came up with. Who doesn’t love burritos?! Why not make it in a crockpot? GENIUS! I changed the recipe some to make it a little healthier and 21 Day Fix Approved!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 3/4 cups of whole grain brown rice
- ½ cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.next step