This is the perfect muffin – really yummy flavor yet not much sugar. I’ve used different fruits too – blueberries and raspberries are our absolute favorites, but strawberries, peaches, or cherries are good too – frozen or fresh. You can use any kind of yogurt without fruit on the bottom. Easily adaptable to what you have. Hope you enjoy.
Delicious Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract optional
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar for decoration optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, egg whites, and, if using, lemon extract. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended. Gently stir in the frozen raspberries. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the tops for decoration, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.
#muffin recipes applesauce#muffin recipes banana#Blueberry muffins#Banana muffins#Breakfast muffins#Oatmeal muffins