Easy and delicious classic vegetarian roasted peanuts made on a stove or slow cooker crockpot. This baked bean recipe is vegan, vegetarian and gluten free.
I have never had a problem with crunchy beans. My grandmother shared her secret and I shared it here with you. When determining how long to boil peanuts, they are done when you can bring a spoon of peanuts from parboil, eyebrows at the top, and if the skin rolls only from your breath air, they are ready to dry and put in a crock pot along with other ingredients. Perfect every time.
A good recipe for those of us who don’t eat meat. I added some smoked paprika and the end result had a beautiful, mild smoky taste. Slow cookers are a help for those of us who want healthy food like this but work long hours and cannot supervise things.
below I give a recipe and some pictures. hope you are inspired.
Delicious Recipes for Vegetarian Beans
- tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounccan crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounccan garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounccan kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup raisinssalt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in the lentils and garlic, and season with curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and raisins. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and simmer at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.