This Dump-and-Bake Chicken Caprese Pasta is perfect for Chicken lover It's fresh, easy,easyo make,healthy. the perfect recipe to make your party...!
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 3/4 cups halved grape tomatoes can substitute with a can of undrained diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces about 3 cups uncooked uncooked penne pasta
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces about 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup chopped or torn fresh basil leaves divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In the prepared dish (or in a separate bowl), stir together cooked chicken, tomatoes, uncooked pasta, chicken broth, 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese, about half of the basil leaves, minced garlic, and salt.
Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of mozzarella over the top. Bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
Garnish with remaining basil leaves just before serving.
Cooking for Just Two? The recipe ingredients can easily be cut in half (or in quarters) and baked in smaller dishes. If you cut the recipe in half, use an 8-inch square baking dish. If you want to prepare just 2 servings, cut the ingredients into fourths and bake in small individual dishes. The rest of the cooking instructions remain the same.