For the brown sauce:
4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice (fresh, preferably)
1 1/2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger, grated (you may also use bottled ginger if you cannot find fresh)
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (try to buy them already prepared this way to save on time)
4 cups (about 2 large heads) broccoli florets
For the Brown Sauce:
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, orange juice, sriracha, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and cornstarch; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil (1 1/2 tablespoons) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, add in the shrimp and cook – flipping them once – until pink; about 3 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and continue cooking the mixture, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is bright green and tender; about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the sriracha soy mixture, stir well to coat the shrimp and broccoli, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve at once! This goes great with a small salad, rice, or even pasta (like lo mein).