A refreshing light salad with delicious Asian flavors. It is suitable for summer cooking or a picnic. It tastes good immediately, and is even better if you can let it sink in for a while.
When you think of pasta dinners, you might think of spaghetti thrown into lively marinara, or penne in creamy vodka sauce. But a heavy and healthy sauce is far from the only way to enjoy pasta, and next time we will share a pretty spectacular pasta salad recipe to prove it. Recipes that are light in the body, produce flavor, and do not require too much cooking, for simple workdays and summer dinners.
Orzo pasta is a versatile base for dishes, and this one is full of fresh ingredients. Shallots add crispness and a combination of antarachicken breast meat and kalamata olives, all add fresh brilliance to the salad.
below I give a recipe and a few sample images. hope you are inspired.
Flavorful Pasta Recipes Light
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ouncpackage bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.