for 4 servings
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 mL) milk
- ¾ cup (95 g) pancake mix
- 4 egg whites
- butter, to serve
- syrup, to serve
- assorted berry, to serve
- Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, milk, and pancake mix in a very large bowl until it is smooth with no large lumps.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form when lifted.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, until just incorporated, making sure not to deflate the batter.
- Grease two 3.5-inch (9 cm) metal ring moulds and set them in the middle of a pan over the lowest heat possible.
- Fill the moulds about ¾ of the way full with the batter, then cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the center of the pancakes are slightly jiggly.next step