- 1 Artisan bread loaf
- 8 ounce Monterey jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- three/4 teaspoon purple pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1/four cup unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- Slice the bread horizontally and vertically into 1-inch cubes, leaving the lowest of the loaf intact with the bread pieces still attached.
- Slice cheese, then garlic.
- Combine crimson pepper flakes with chopped chives in a small bowl.
- Lay the bread on a bit of foil. (The foil have to be big sufficient the wrap the bread.) Gently stuff the cheese slices into the bread among the bread slices. (The Kitchn recommends to stuff among the vertical slices first, then pass lower back and fill within the areas between the horizontal cuts — it’s a bit less complicated this way! It additionally helps to have a helper who can hold the slices apart whilst you stuff.)
- Next, upload the red pepper flakes and chives right subsequent to every cheese slice within the bread.
- Now, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat on your stove top. Stir in sliced (or minced) garlic, switch to medium-low heat, and allow the garlic prepare dinner in the butter for two-three greater minutes until fragrant.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the garlic slices into the bread between the bread slices. Brush the infused butter everywhere in the bread.
- Wrap the prepared bread with foil and bake for 20 mins. Unwrap the top and bake for another 10 mins until the cheese is completely melted and the pinnacle of the bread is crispy. Enjoy!
- You can use any kind of cheese for this recipe. Shredded ones paintings just high-quality.
- For a greater meaty taste, bacon bits, sausage, ham pieces may be mixed in into the stuffing.
- Other spice thoughts consist of chipotle chili pepper, smoked Spanish paprika, garlic powder, and so forth.