- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make Filling: whisk together Splenda Granulated Sweetener, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice in a large bowl; add apples and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to prepared pan; set aside.
- Make Topping: stir together oats, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; cut butter in with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cereal and walnuts. Spoon topping over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve warm.
A perfect warm dessert to serve a cool autumn day.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings“Serving size: 3/4 cup crisp
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 45 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Sugars: 10 grams