GREEK CUCUMBER SALAD
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2-3 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine the red onion, olive oil, vinegar, and oregano. Let the onions marinate at room temperature while preparing the rest of the salad.
Place the sliced cucumbers into a large salad bowl.
Combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, black pepper, and then add to the cucumbers, along with the marinated onions. Toss everything together really well. Taste for salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.