- 1 pound boneless, skinless bird breasts, cooked and shredded (see cooking instructions below if wanted)
- half – 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon greater-virgin olive oil
- 2 small pink, yellow, or orange bell peppers, cored and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- three/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- half teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fats shredded Monterey jack or Mexican combination cheese, divided
- 1 half cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 (four-ounce) cans diced inexperienced chiles, tired
- eight (7-inch) complete wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- For serving: diced clean tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced crimson onion, as favored
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Lightly coat a nine×13-inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside.
- Cook and shred chicken, following these clean steps.
To make the enchiladas:
- Heat the oil in a huge skillet or sauté pan on medium warmness. Once oil the is warm, upload the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring from time to time, till the vegetables soften and the onions turn out to be translucent, approximately 8 to ten minutes.
- To the skillet, upload the shredded chicken, half teaspoon salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then dispose of the skillet from the warmth and let cool.
- In a huge bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt, and green chilies. Once the bird and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt combination and stir to coat lightly.
To assemble the enchiladas:
- Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the hen-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and location in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the inexperienced enchilada sauce evenly over the top, cowl the pan, then bake for half-hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven, find, and sprinkle with the last 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional mins, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with preferred toppings and revel in!