Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
This gluten-free and low-fat Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet will be ready to dig in less than 30 mins and you will be amazed by the flavourful of it. It’s a perfect ONE-PAN meal for your family to enjoy!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat
Add ground turkey and garlic. Use a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are soft.
Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt, and pepper.
Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato faster.
While the sweet potato is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese* (see note below).
When the cheese melts, remove from the oven, and garnish with parsley.
* You can just put the lid on the skillet for 5 minutes. The cheese will melt.
**You can keep this recipe in the fridge for up 6 days.
For this recipe, I used ground turkey that is 85% more lean and has 15% less fat than beef.